Known locally as the Navvy, it was built soon after the opening of the canal in 1794. It provided beverage for the barges and stabling for the horses. This photo taken at the turn of the century advertises the "Celebrated Sileby Ales" of Sharpe and Sons which were sold by many of the local inns of the time.
Last Updated. 16-April-2021 By Keith